Uncategorized

Switchpoint Conference-2017

Switchpoint is an annual conference brought to North Carolina by IntraHealth.

With a massive stage that hosted a diverse array of speakers and presenters, the energy in the Haw River Ballroom last week was almost tangible last Thursday and Friday, for the 7th annual conference.

The day I attended was filled to the brim–speakers ranging from behavioral economics to digital epidemiology to “Artivism”, break-out sessions with hands-on activities, and live music. One of the main goals of the conference was to allow speakers of similar mindsets, from across the country, to network and connect. That’s a cool thing to see happen before your eyes.

I’ll leave it to you to check out the speakers’ profiles¬†and the microlab sessions made available to participants, form your own opinions or get inspired as the case may be. But I will say that as a Health Communication student, it was a nifty experience and definitely provided some food for thought. I’d highly recommend it to other students in this field or in public (especially global) health.

And on that note, to the other students: good luck finishing of the semester strong!